Congregational Life Events
As a congregation, we enjoy many fellowship events together throughout the year.
Our outdoor events include:
- The Annual Church Picnic, which takes place in June at Lake Erie Community Park.
- The Community Festival takes place in August on our church property and includes entertainment for the whole family, including food trucks, face painting, balloon art, bounce houses, and a live band and/or DJ.
- Lemonade on the Lawn – after church refreshments on our church lawn a few times each summer.
Our Sunday events include:
- Easter Breakfast and Egg Hunt – The men of the church prepare a hot breakfast. After breakfast, the children of the church enjoy an egg hunt.
- Blessing of the Backpacks – At the start of each school year, Pastor Emily blesses the backpacks, minds, and school year ahead of all those heading back to school.
- Fall Sunday School Kickoff Breakfast – In September, there’s a breakfast to kick off the new Sunday School year; plus a chance for everyone to meet their Sunday School teacher for the new year.
- Hanging of the Greens – Before the start of the Advent/Christmas season, the congregation comes together to decorate the church for the season.
We also come together for fundraisers that support our mission and ministries:
- Fall and Spring Rummage Sale – held each April and September in our Fellowship Hall
- Harvest Dinner – a home-cooked harvest meal served dine-in and take out each October
- Craft Show Fundraiser – a vendor craft show supporting our mission trips to Belize
- Christmas Cookie Sale – trays of 5 dozen homemade Christmas cookies